Pool Party Cake
Who don’t like to have fun?, This cake will be good for a Birthday Celebration or a Special Occasion Celebration , this Pool Party Cake will be a plus; you will wish to be swimming in the water… It has a refreshing look and an invitation to have fun!
- Accessories you will need:
One 13″x 18″ x 1/4″ sheet cake board
Decorating Bags(16 in, 14 in)
Decorating tips (#2B basketweave, #2A, #9, #2, #4,#1)
Paste Color(blue, brown, yellow, red, black, copper or tan)
- Bake the sheet cake.
- Get the sheet cake and put it on the cake board.
- Put the cake on the Trim ‘N Turn Turntable.
- Cut the four corners of the cake and rounder ed, to make an oval shape.
- Clean all the excess and crumbs from the board and cake.
- Trim a 16in Decorating Bag and put the Cake Icer (Tip # 789) inside.
- Put some buttercream icing in a bowl and add blue color, get the color a little dark, for the pool.
- With the Angled Spatulas fill half of the bag with blue Buttercream icing.
- Put the bag in a 45 degree angle and press the tip to the cake and squeeze the icing on a horizontal motion to cover the top of the cake.
- Ice the sides squeezing at the same time you turn the cake, until you cover the entire side of the cake.
- With the Angled Spatula smooth the top and side of the cake, to help you smooth the icing you can deep the spatula in hot water, dry the spatula and glide across the entire surface.
- In a bowl mix some piping gel and very little of blue color and mix, to make the water.
- Put that mix on top of the cake.
- Get an icing bag and put in the tip #2B. Fill the bag with white icing.
- Pipe icing all around the cake to make the “bands”, living around three inches in between; then put icing all around the border on top of the cake, to finish the “pool”; to do this you need to use the flat part from the tip.
- In small bowls mix a little bid of icing and use one different color in each one.
- Put one color of icing in a icing bag, each color need to be individual in a bag.
- With the black color, and tip #2A, pipe the tubes, using a circular motion.
- With tip #2A, pipe ball torso and head.
- Tuck tip #9 into sides, to do arms and legs.
- With tip #2 dots hands, feet, fingers and toes.
- Using tip #4 pipe swim trunks, bathing suit top on girl (smooth with finger deep in cornstarch).
- With tip #3 dot noses and pipe ears.
- For outline eyes and eyes dot ,use tip #1.
- For the mouths and the curly hair, use tip #2.
- Now your project is done!
Have fun doing it, now ENJOY!